Presenting business Idioms!
Complete the sentences of english idioms:Bearbeiten
Fill in the mixed words below:
1. After the big discussions the ______ has settled.
2. I missed the _________ to get a better job.
3. They ______ my day.
4. On a ______ day, we have to count the cost.
5. Sometimes you should ______ at the chance.
6. I really need to go into the ______.
7. He _______ for the job.
8. The _______ escapes me.
9. The_______ was defeated.
10. The question doesn't _______.
(given) (saved) (jump) (dust) (applied) (sense) (arise) (opportunity) (matter) (motion)
Connect the English idiom with the German meaning!
1. To talk around the bush. A. Die Nadel im Heuhaufen finden.
2. To find a needle in a haystack B. Schießen sie los!
3. Up to date. C. Am laufenden Band.
4. Carry the day. D. Ins Fettnäpfchen treten
5. Never Quit! E. Um den heißen Brei (herum) reden.
6. Continuously F. Den Sieg davontragen.
7. To Blunder G. Niemals aufgeben!
8. Shoot! H. Auf dem Laufenden.